Participants who would like to present a poster must submit an abstract for consideration by the scientific program committee. Authors must strictly adhere to the instructions, otherwise abstracts cannot be considered for presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Guidelines for the preparation of abstracts:
- All abstracts must be in English.
- Please do not use abbreviations and references.
- The abstract title must be in lower case letters.
- Abstracts should not exceed 250 words. The online submission module will not accept abstracts that exceed this word limit.
- Please mention 2-4 key words per abstract
- Abstract category - please select 1 category under which the abstract is to be reviewed after consulting the list of topics.
- Abstracts should be as informative as possible and should be structured within the following headings.
• Introduction (indicate the purpose of the study/hypothesis)
• Methods (include the setting/ design, methods, and statistical analysis conducted for the study)
• Results (outcome of the study)
• Conclusions (briefly discuss the data and significance of the results)
- After closure of abstract submission date, the editing option will not be available.
- Best six abstracts will be selected for oral presentation from the submitted abstracts, as per decision of Abstracts Review Committee
- All abstracts will be screened for plagiarism using appropriate software.
- Registration is mandatory for the presenting author for the presentation of the poster.
- All submissions shall go through a peer review process by a pre-selected Abstract Review Committee.
- The decisions of the peer review committee will be final.
- Authors selected for oral (selected) and poster presentation will be informed by 1st week of July 2018. Notification and instructions will be sent to the author’s e-mail address provided at the time of abstract submission.
- The Abstract Review Committee will not proof-read or correct spelling, typographical, grammatical, or scientific errors, nor can changes be made once the abstract is submitted. Effort will be made to reproduce the content of the abstracts as submitted.
- By submitting abstracts, authors grant the organizing committee the right to publish their abstracts online and or in print as part of the congress proceedings.
The number of the poster board allocated to you will be displayed during the conference at the helpdesk. Please use the board with the same number.
Poster should follow the following guidelines.
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet
- The dimensions of the poster board are PORTRAIT style: 1m wide x 2.30m long.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double sided tape, tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for posters that are not removed by the end of the presentation day.
Detailed information on the presentation format (i.e. duration and timing of the presentation) will be emailed to all the delegates whose oral presentation has been accepted by the Abstract Review Committee.
Review of Abstracts
- All abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Abstract Review Committee and a decision emailed to the author.
- The Abstract Review Committee reserves the right to change submission for oral presentation to posters depending on the number, theme and quality of submissions.
- Authors are requested to keep the broad themes in mind while submitting their abstracts.
- All abstracts will be subjected to blinded peer review by Abstract Review Committee. The following general guidelines will be followed for the review of the abstract:
• Originality of the work
• Clarity of idea
• Appropriate study design/methodology
• Implications for advancement of knowledge/Practice
• Conflict of interest and ethical issues
- Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines while preparing their abstracts. This will greatly facilitate the review process.
- ICMR2018 reserves the right to reject abstract based on the following criteria:
• If the abstract fall outside of the scope of the meeting, incomplete, inappropriate content and if does not comply with the style guidelines; including excessive length.
Cancellations must be notified in writing. No Refunds will be issued for cancellation but we can accommodate a substitute delegate without charge, but on prior information and approval from Abstract Review Committee (ARC).